SolidWorks Designer / Drafter:
Full Time; 40 hours a week
This position will augment staff in the creation and release of product drawings and related engineering documentation.
- Prepares 3‐D models of complex parts and assemblies for associative drawings from basic engineering information.
- Determine the design details, such as standard component selection, tolerance specifications, etc.
- Develop Submittal drawings as required with help from the team; Engineering, Drafters, Sales.
- Develop Import Packages as required.
- Design machined, molded, and formed parts and assemblies as required.
- Create or revise accurate, detailed SolidWorks CAD models, drawings, BOM’s, and other engineering documentation as required.
- Participate in design and drawing reviews, prototype builds and verification testing and documentation.
- Release drawings via Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) process.
- May be required to work on design changes and customer orders.
- Assists manufacturing on drawing/tolerance interpretation.
- Generates flat patterns as required.
- Recent experience (<1yrs) and proficiency with SolidWorks.
- CSWA Certification a plus
- College‐Level Drafting classes a plus
- Experience creating detailed engineering/product drawings for manufactured and purchased components, including bill of materials generation.
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14 dimensioning and tolerance standards.
- Organizational and follow‐up skills.
- Thoroughness / attention to detail.
- Experience creating 3D solid models and assemblies, SolidWorks experience required.
- Advanced mechanical aptitude ‐ involves parts, fit, form, and function.
- Solid understanding of design work.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and strong writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to express thoughts, perceptions, and ideas clearly and concisely.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full‐time basis upon hire. We will not provide sponsorship for this position for candidates requiring sponsorship for employment visa status.
- This job operates
- in a professional office environment, routinely using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Works under general direction.
- Manager approves/reviews work/final plans upon completion.
- Tasks/Assignments are varied and complex and require considerable initiative and independent judgment.
- Requires ability to visualize the whole design picture with limited input from others.
- Proficient with conventional/complex drafting techniques, terms and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding the design of complex products.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full‐time position.
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- To Apply, email Resume and Salary Requirements to: