Just starting a new project and thought I'd create some Custom Weldment Profiles.
Here are a couple of them - there are lots more!
As you can see they are similar but too different for a single sketch/ configured. During development it would be nice if I could link them together.
Is there a nice way to link them so that if I change one the other changes?
My initial thoughts in rough order of preference...
- It would be really nice if I could use a single configured profile, suppress one sketch or the other?? (doubt possible)
- Define multiple custom profile sketches in a single part file linked to a master sketch?? (doubt possible)
- Create multiple part files that each create a custom profile in the context of an assembly containing a master sketch (seems feasible)
- Do something with a block
- Create just one profile and mirror it in the part (other variations would need additional features)
- add relations to the profile sketches in the part that link them together (probably what I'll do)
- abandon the idea of using custom weldments and make cuts in the part (just use a square weldment profile)
- create a weldment profile that is the negative space and use a combine/subtract feature
- manually edit separate profile files
I've not yet tried any of this - hoping someone can chime in with a better idea before I end up in a rabbit hole.
Thanks in Advance