1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 30, 2017 6:03 AM by Dennis Bacon

How to turn of sketch projection of edge flange

Sami Niemonen

Hello,

This is a little bit hard to explain. When edge flange is bent 90º then the the shape of the flange is the same than the sketch. In other words, the sketch is projected perpendicular to the flange surface. But if the bend angle is e.g. 40º then the shape is not the same than the sketch but seems to be kind of projected along the base flange. Therefore, the dimensions of the flange and sketch don't match. How to turn the projection off? I want to flange to be similar to sketch like when using extrude command.

The first picture is from side and second is normal to flange.

• Re: How to turn of sketch projection of edge flange
          Dennis Bacon

I see what you are getting at Sami.. If you select material outside in you edge bend parameters you get this.

If you select bend outside you get this.

If you do a bend  material inside you get this.

Therefore it looks like you would be better off with the first option. If you are trying to do a up to vertex on your edge flange with bend outside or inside you are going to get undesirable results I would imagine. Then you would have to do the math and do a blind.

The edge flange sketch is going to begin at the edge of the base and you can't change that.