AnsweredAssumed Answered

Update Function

Question asked by Stephen Bittner on Aug 23, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 18, 2017 by William Morton

I created a simple work instruction and output a handful of images to a PDF.  The manager wanted to remove a lock washer from two of the screws, and these screws are SEMS screws.  They have an integral washer that is captive.  So I figured I could simply suppress the washer feature in the model of the screw and run an update in Composer.  Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.  It's only two screws right?  Didn't even add or remove a part....simply modified it slightly.  What could go wrong?

I ran the UPDATE and all seemed to work well.  Then I got into looking at my views.  Every view had the screws hidden.  So, I simply turned them back on.  No problem.  Now I notice that the transforms that I performed were gone and the screws were returned back to neutral position.  Likewise,  the paths were no longer showing. 

Long story short, I had to redo every view where those two screws were showing.  Frustrating and time consuming.  I imagine there is some very intuitive (sarcasm) thing I didn't do or some button I forgot to mash while holding my mouth just so during the process.  Can anyone enlighten me as to why such a simple thing turns into complete rework?  I feel like I got duped with this software.

Outcomes