29 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2018 1:20 PM by Durval Nascimento

Custom Property Tab Builder Group List Question

Mattew Stafford

I have read a handful of posts on this forum regarding the custom property tab builder and am beginning to see the potential.  One of the things we would normally type on a note on the drawing is a "work area number" and an "equipment number".  I thought I had it figured out, but something is wrong.  I have the equipment numbers linked to an excel spreadsheet that looks like this:

My Tab Builder looks like this..perhaps my range is not correct?:

I would like to be able to select the work area "north" (for instance) and have my only option for that work area be 02....That seems to work fine.  Now, I would like to be able to select among my options of building, general, safety, grinder, crane, dust collection and CNC Machine A for the next list...those are simply descriptions for the actual equipment number.  So, for "Building", I would like my only option to be 1000; and for "General" I would like my only option to be 1002, and so on.  These are just generalized names that I have come up with.  We may have a hundred work areas and a hundred equipment descriptions under each area.  I like the descriptions there, because there are just too many areas and pieces of equipment to remember just a number.  I also separated the excel files, because I thought that was causing me problems.