AnsweredAssumed Answered

ASTM standard for heat sink fin surfaces

Question asked by Jonathan O'Connor on Aug 22, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 28, 2017 by Jonathan O'Connor

I have been working on a project that utilizes two different sized heat sinks. Playing catch-up, I have been modeling them. I noticed that the fin surface had a rippled texture. The picture below illustrates what I did to incorporate that into the model. Wow, my desire to make it as perfect as I know how really got the better of me. Regardless, it produced a model that had the surface finish I was looking for.

Now, I am updating the drawing that I created and, rather than give a detail view in an attempt to capture the dimensions of the entity, I was wondering if there was some sort of standard (ATSM or other) that I could reference in that detail view.

Also, I realize that this texture was created during the extrusion process. I am just curious to know if it has a name, standard or some sort of description.


Thanks guys