AnsweredAssumed Answered

Create Sweep from Sketch Macro

Question asked by John Maldonado on Aug 21, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 21, 2017 by Nilesh Patel

Hello,

I'm pretty new to the macro world, but I was trying to make a macro to create a circular profile sweep with a 0.25"OD from a newly inserted (or currently selected) 3D sketch.

I do this very often so saving the few clicks and key strokes it takes would be amazing. I recorded the steps I take with the macro recorder. The problem I run into is that it only works with the first inserted sketch. Below is my code. I'm pretty sure why it's doing it. But I don't know how to change it to accept any 3d sketch. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

' ******************************************************************************

' C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\swx9300\Macro1.swb - macro recorded on 08/21/17 by xxxxxxxxxx

' ******************************************************************************

Dim swApp As Object

Dim Part As Object

Dim boolstatus As Boolean

Dim longstatus As Long, longwarnings As Long

Sub main()

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc

Part.SketchManager.InsertSketch True

Part.ClearSelection2 True

boolstatus = Part.Extension.SelectByID2("3DSketch1", "SKETCH", 0, 0, 0, False, 4, Nothing, 0)

Dim myFeature As Feature

Set myFeature = Part.FeatureManager.InsertProtrusionSwept4(False, False, 0, False, False, 0, 0, False, 0, 0, 0, 0, True, True, True, 0, True, True, 0.00635, False)

End Sub

Outcomes