4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2017 5:56 PM by Matthew Lorono

Dimensioning to Text in Drawing

B. Watkins

Is there a way to dimension to a note to control where it is located when another dimension changes? We use a centerline symbol on our centerlines and I want the symbol to move whenever the centerline moves. I'm sure this is a simple thing that I'm just missing.

• Re: Dimensioning to Text in Drawing
          Dan Pihlaja

Not that I know of.   However, you can attach a note to geometry.

Just draw a line or point (add it to a hidden layer), use dimensions and constraints to make that line or point parametric to whatever you want, then create a not and attach it to the end point of the line or to the point.

I think that should work.

• Re: Dimensioning to Text in Drawing
              B. Watkins

I couldn't figure out how to attach text to a point, but here's what I did: I created a block with the center line symbol and added a point near the text insertion point, and moved the block insertion point there. Then I put a point where I want the text to be positioned and used constraints and dimensions so it is where I want the centerline symbol to be located and constrained the point on the centerline symbol block coincident with the location point on the view. Seems like a lot of steps, but I think it is working.