1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 12, 2009 5:43 PM by 1-4AE-820

Gear Mates-Problems!

Ben Heath
      I have been trying to get feedback on this issue for the past few days now. I have a set of gears that I want to animate using a rotary motor from the assembly motion toolbar. Before I even open a motion study, I can drag the gears with my mouse and they work perfectly. The teeth mesh nicely, the ratios are all correct with the gear mates I have set and so on. The problem is in the assembly motion study. I apply a rotary motor to a gear and give it some specs. ( RPM, frames per sec., etc. ) and the whole assembly goes crazy. This has been forwarded to Solidworks as an SPR by my Soldiworks retailer. I have already asked my retailer's tech support about this issue and they can't seem to find a way around the issue. Has anyone out there had a similar issue(s) with gear mates in a motion study? If so, how did you fix them??? Thanks in advance!

P.S. How can I delete topics I have made in the past. I apologize in advance, as I did post a topic similar to this one not too long ago.

-Ben
        • Gear Mates-Problems!
          I am also having problems. I can move the selected gears using physical dynamics, but it slows way down the more gears I add. I have a large gear train running dual overhead cams and it looks like Solidworks may not be able to perform, or I am missing something that is not obvious to me. Mabey my video card is not up to snuff?? I'll keep plugging away at this problem!