2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2017 12:10 PM by Glenn Schroeder

What's wrong with this door?

Eric Eubanks

My door is stuck being either too open like this or just open like it should be. I can't close it. I tried to change the angles in my angle limit mate, but I can't find the right one. 0 and 90 has the same results as 90 and 180. It seems like one of those should work.

• Re: What's wrong with this door?
          Dan Pihlaja

In general angle mates are pretty "flaky".  And going to an angle of 0 is a pretty big no no.  Not that it is against the rules, it is just that Solidworks gets confused.

My advice is to create a plane in the body portion of the mailbox that would be coincident with the door in open position.  Then make as many planes as you want to show different positions of the door.

Then at the assembly level, make the t door coincident to each plane separately in different configurations.

• Re: What's wrong with this door?
            Glenn Schroeder

I don't have time to open the model right now, but you might try angles of something like 0.01 and 179.5 instead of 0 and 180, although I'll certainly agree with Dan about angle mates being flaky.  Fortunately I rarely need to use them in my work.