AnsweredAssumed Answered

Adding new part in context within assembly and getting "default templates are not valid"?

Question asked by Dave Krum on Aug 14, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 16, 2017 by Dan Pihlaja

Good morning All,

I was working on an assembly on my home PC with SW2015 over the weekend.  I have the same settings (I believe) as I do on my work SW2015 copy (at least for the default templates and file location of template).  For some reason, I'm getting the "default templates are not valid" error when trying to add/create a new part within the context of the assembly I'm working in.  I checked and my settings for the default templates as well as the file location are the same as on the hard drive at work (and I always use the same steps for creating a new part in context).  So not sure what can be given me the error but its annoying.  I never tried adding a new part within context of assembly on home copy so something may not be set up properly from the start at installation time.  I checked out a thread from a few years ago but its kind of not the same as mine.  Here's the link from 2015:

Adding New Part: Default templates are not valid?!

Here's the error I'm getting at home (but using the same steps within that assembly its fine at office):

then:

Here's my settings in options: (same files as at home):

Outcomes