1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 23, 2018 2:14 AM by newbe zhen

CreateSplineByEqnParams results in Exeption

Benjamin Szalkiewicz

Hi,

I always get a crash when I use CreateSplinesByEqn . To be sure I made no mistake with the contents of the SplineparamData  I copied out the SplineParamData from an existing spline I created in a sketch.

The Error that occurs is the following:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: "Ausnahmefehler des Servers. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))"

The complete error message is attached. There are other posts regarding this error. They occur during different methods. Unfortunately I found nothing helpful in the answers.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance .

ps: CreateSplinesByEqnParams2 works fine with the same set of parameters. But as the online help points out the return value is an array of sketch segments. In opposition to this I would like to create just one segment.

• Re: CreateSplineByEqnParams results in Exeption
          newbe zhen

Yes I have the same problem and a solution.

Just pass a single double array, layout like

[Dimension,Order,Number of Control Points,Periodicity ( true 1 or false 0),Knots1,Knots2,...Knotsm,

ControlPoint1x,ControlPoint1y,ControlPoint1z,ControlPoint1w,

ControlPoint2x,ControlPoint2y,ControlPoint2z,ControlPoint2w,...

ControlPointnx,ControlPointny,ControlPointnz,ControlPointnw

]

NOTE: the dimension of ControlPoints and Number of Knots must match the requirement.

do not contain a nest array, of any other form(single object array instead of single double array is ok)which is exactly the reason why this function always refuses to parse the argument.

It's not an in-process method. so no need to care about safearray problem.It's frustrated to find out the simple solusion.