5 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2018 5:13 PM by Kris Chappell

Pixelated View in SW Drawings

Kris Chappell

Hi all,

I have an intermittent issue with coarse pixelation in SW drawings which obscures the detail as I'm trying to edit it (see attachment). This typically occurs when editing views, placing dimensions and annotations etc. Restarting SolidWorks does not usually solve the issue however the pixelation is not always present. Is this a SW issue or perhaps a graphics compatibility issue?

Any useful suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

• Re: Pixelated View in SW Drawings
          Dave Bear

Hi Kris,

Since you mentioned it, I'll ask the question, is your graphics card a recommended card for SolidWorks? If so, are you running the correct or latest drivers for it. This is only a starting point of course...........

Dave.

Kris Chappell

Hi Dave,

I don't believe that either my graphics card or PC are recommended by SW as they do not appear on the Graphics Card Driver search. My PC has been running SW 2016 for over a year for complex parts, assemblies, renders and drawings without too much trouble. The level of complexity of the drawing doesn't seem to effect the issue, the example in the picture is just a template.

I am interested to hear if anyone else has had a similar issue.

Cheers

Kris

Christopher Przekop

Was this every resolved?  I have a user here with the exact same issue you were seeing a year ago, but I don't see a resolution to the problem posted here.  Were you able to solve the issue?  What did you do?

Glenn Schroeder

Christopher Przekop wrote:

Was this every resolved? I have a user here with the exact same issue you were seeing a year ago, but I don't see a resolution to the problem posted here. Were you able to solve the issue? What did you do?

Does your user have a certified graphics card, with the correct driver (see Why am I getting weird graphics issues?)?  And  I got the impression from the OP that the problem had started recently  without a change in hardware.  I've seen posts here from people with unapproved graphics cards that had been working okay and stopped, and it turned out to be a new driver update.  If that's the case with your user you might see if you can go back to an earlier driver.

Kris Chappell

Hi Christopher,

It appears that the issue occurred from an automatic driver update. This was resolved by rolling back the graphics driver to a previous version. I will also add, most of my hardware is not "SolidWorks certified" but my laptop has been capably supporting SolidWorks for 2 years.

I hope this helps