AnsweredAssumed Answered

Job Opening with Texas A&M Transportation Institute

Question asked by Glenn Schroeder on Aug 4, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 12, 2017 by Rick Becker

They're creating a new position working with me here in Bryan, TX at the Roadside Safety and Physical Security division of TTI.  Here is the link to the job.   It's a relaxed atmosphere.  I wear jeans, sneakers, and a fishing shirt most days.  We crash cars and trucks once or twice a week (on average), so it's rarely boring.  Bryan / College Station is a small city that has pretty much everything you need, but it's not big enough to have much of a traffic problem, and the cost of living is lower than in many parts of the country.  It's a state employee position, so the benefits are pretty good.

Part of the duties will be to take drawings that we've generated, or received from clients, and go out on the runway and compare them to what's actually fabricated or received, so while SolidWorks will be a big part of the workday some of it will also be outside in the heat and cold.  I used to enjoy that, but as I've gotten older it's not as much fun.

I'll try to answer some of the questions I know will be asked:

1.  This is for an on-site position.

2.  The applicant must be eligible to work in the US, and able to pass extensive background checks.

3.  There won't be reimbursement for moving, or for travel expenses for interviews.

4.  I don't know what the salary will be.  I assume it will depend on experience and qualifications.

If you have more questions please ask me, either here or in a PM.

Outcomes