9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2017 3:52 AM by Steve Crompton

BALLOON STARS

Steve Crompton

I've just downloaded and installed SP4 and I'm still getting stars appearing in my balloons for every drawing page after page 1. I reported this as a bug in SP0 and after a great deal of arguing with my VAR through them talking to Solidworks, they agreed that this was a bug.

Any ideas when its going to be fixed. Having to link every drawing back to the correct bill is tiresome to say the least.

For those of you not experiencing this, any subsequent drawings after page 1 all link themselves to the original bom on the first page.

Or has anyone found out how to fix this themselves.

Thanks

Steve

• Re: BALLOON STARS
          Wojciech Paterski

you could always use macro that links all views to a bom

John Stoltzfus

Right click on the view and select properties - then there is a drop down box, select the proper BOM reference...

Steve Crompton

Hi John

That's exactly what I've had to do on every multi page drawings since installing 2017. Just after I posted I un-ticked the link balloon text to specified table and my bom worked as expected. I've not done any multipage drawings since, but I will be keeping my eye on it to see if that box ticked itself again.

Thanks

Steve

Matthew Lorono

Steve,

Are you seeing existing drawings/views doing this or just on new drawings/views?

Steve Crompton

Hi Matthew

Its only on new drawings. It happens on the 3 seats we have here but only since 2017.

Thanks

Steve

Matthew Lorono

Steve,

I'm glad it's not affecting existing drawings.  The default for the setting was changed in SW17 due to customer input.  It's not a bug.  We've had a continuous call from a variety of customers to change the setting's default.  When researching this, we found that a single BOM scenario is more likely than individual BOMs for each view.

Of course, for those customers who relied on the previous default for this setting, this may seem disruptive.  For this, I'm sorry you are experiencing a lengthen workflow.  You mentioned you filed a bug through your reseller.  This is a good first start to seeing if a solution that meets both types of customer's needs can be found.  We'll keep this issue in mind.

That said, given that the default now represents the more likely scenario, it is unlikely we will revert it.  We will have to look at other solutions to provide you with a workflow that is as short as you are accustomed.

Steve Crompton

Hi Matthew

Thanks for the response. I've un-ticked the box and saved it as my default template. Should that box stay un-ticked?

If not can an option be put in for those of us that do multi-page drawings that we can choose unticked to be default?

Thanks

Steve

Matthew Lorono

Steve, the setting is view-by-view, so it isn't the sort of thing that currently is saved in the drawing template.  To your second question, that's the kind of solution I'll be looking into; have a way to save the setting's default in the drawing template.  Of course, we can never promise if and when a change will be implemented, but I will say this is on my radar.