2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2017 2:55 AM by Dárius Kuraś

Missing decal texture in accurate view

Dárius Kuraś

Hi everyone,

I was playing and learning in Visualize with model of a car. Maybe I will upload it into render content later. The problem popped up whe I tried to put mud stains on the car body. I decidet to make it as decal. So I created png file without backround just few white mud stains. I put it on cars body. Then created mud appearance with color, specular and bump maps, which works quite well when i use it on parts. So I used it for the decal. I preview mode look good. Also bump are visible. When I switch preview to accurate mode decal apperance turn flat just with brown collor, no bumps, no collor maps visible. I tryed to change few setting but no result. Work prioryties changed so I dont had time to start the real render yet. Maybe it will look better. Hope I can provide few screenshots of my setting and results. I think I am missing something. Or what method would you suggest to complete this task?

PS: I know I can make Multi-Layer appearance but I have other decals on car. And I want also theese to be covered by mud stains.

Best regards. Dárius.

• Re: Missing decal texture in accurate view
          Brian Hillner

Hi Darius,

Welcome to the Visualize Community! Your project sounds like it's going to look awesome, with mud textures and overlapping decals. Look forward to seeing the results in the other Visualize Rendered Content forum thread.

You are performing the correct steps to have the mud appearance with texture maps applied to the decal. I just tried the same steps and also did not see the texture on the decal as I would expect. This was working previously, so I have filed this bug and will update this thread when I receive more information.

Thank you for reporting this!