AnsweredAssumed Answered

Clone of entire Network drive on local machine?

Question asked by Lajos Kalman on Jul 31, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 31, 2017 by Habib Ghalamkari

So where I work we have a decent system using windows explorer for part numbers, parts shared on multiple assemblies and so on. The problem with the way we have things set up you must work over the network and deal with the slowness. This is due to parts in shared in multiple assemblies being spread out in different folders. My thought is have a raid clone of the entire network drive installed locally to each machine. The idea is when you open a file from the local dive you are working from a local drive and don't have the problems of working over the network. When you save it saves the file to both the network drive and local raid simultaneously.  Not really sure if this could work or not. I am just seeing if anyone knows if people do something like this or not.

PDM would be great but there are only two of us here that use sw so not sure if the cost is justified. I also need to work on files locally for a few other programs so this could save me a lot of time a boost the operation speed of not having to work over the network. 

Outcomes