13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2017 1:07 PM by Matt Finley

Surface Finish Callout, Multiple Leaders Quit Working?

Matt Finley

This morning I was working on a VCR gland, detailing the drawing. I selected the 3 surfaces of the toroid and clicked insert surface finish symbol. I entered my data and placed the symbol and it automagically created leaders to the 3 surfaces I had selected.

Turns out the surface finish was wrong and I needed to edit it. Also turns out, you cannot edit the surface finish after it's placed.

When you double click on it, it treats it as one big block. (Note the blue vert line, if I shift-right arrow from here one time it selects the entire block).

So I deleted the callout, re-selected my 3 surfaces and recreated the callout. Only now it's not putting leaders in at all, let alone 3 of them. It keeps the 3 surfaces selected until I click on the leader type and then it de-selects the surfaces and I'm stuck with only 1 leader on one surface. Note below the 3 surfaces are selected but there's no leaders when I place the symbol.

I've tried several different ways to get this to work but am failing. What did I do the first time that allowed me to create leaders for each surface selected?

TYIA.