0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2017 10:10 AM by Robert Cuban

Fastest 2D animation workflow

Robert Cuban

I would like to create some 2D animations as an amateur side project, which will include vector and raster art, audio (voice, music and sounds), and lip syncing.I'm not a professional graphics artist, I do know how to use some graphics software tool video to some extent, like Photoshop, Illustrator, Inkscape, Gimp and others.I would like to produce the animations in the shortest time possible because I have other things to do, so I would like to know what workflow would be the fastest and what software should I use.

I would prefer to use free and open source software if possible.

I already looked into Synfig and OpenToonz and some other tools, but there is no easy to setup lip syncing on them, maybe I could use another software for this.I think it would be faster to use a bone/skeletal animation method to rig and animate the characters. Drawing frame by frame would take too long.I also think that I could grab images on the internet and use them instead of drawing everything, I know that some images may have a copyright that won't allow me to use them.