1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 3, 2017 10:55 AM by Steve Higgins

Create an opposite-hand mirrored assembly without creating mirrors of each part

Xavier Leisher

Hi,

I have tried selecting/deselecting the individual parts, changing orientations, selecting "create opposite hand", etc... But haven't had any luck.

The parts themselves don't required opp-hand mirrored versions.

The gusset plates on the back-side are patterned.

Only the assembly and mates need to be mirrored and the pattern direction would need to be reversed..

I have attached some pictures.

Any advice on how to make it work?

For now I have just manually made a new "mirror" assembly as a configuration.

Mirror an Assembly without Mirroring every component

Mirror assembly not parts

• Re: Create an opposite-hand mirrored assembly without creating mirrors of each part
          Steve Higgins

On something straightforward like that I would probably make a new assembly that contains your assembly only, then do a mirror components on your assembly, making an opposite hand of your current assembly top level only.

If you've generated a new mirrored version of your assembly you will need to make sure you open it from the mirror components feature of the new top level.

You can now discard the new top level assembly.

My preference is to use the generate sub-configurations option rather than mirrored versions.

We have a lot of trouble making opposite hand versions of complicated assemblies with hundreds or even thousands of components, some of which need opposite hand versions and some don't. We've not come up with a great way of doing it yet.