4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2017 10:37 AM by Alex Burnett

How to Edit Assembly bom table using C#

Ram Singh

Hi All,

can we edit assembly bom table using C#, can anyone provide me proper guideline for it.

thanks in advance.

• Re: How to Edit Assembly bom table using C#
          Nilesh Patel

Hi Ram,

Editing could be anything like adding or deleting rows or columns or something else. Could you explain in detail, what exactly you would like to achieve and what is your starting condition (e.g. whether BOM tale is already created in the drawings and selected etc.)? If you have started working on it, could you share your codes for someone to help you.

Regards,

• Re: How to Edit Assembly bom table using C#
              Ram Singh

Hi Nilesh,

You are correct updating is (deleting and adding row/column). I have 2 questions here.

1. What is structure of BOM saved in Solidworks.

because when i was trying to fetch BOM data it gives me something like

Parent part -Some Number

Parent part - Some Number/ Child part - Some Number

Parent part - Some Number/ Child part - Some Number

i guess this is sequence of parent and child connection. But i was not able to understand fully what is this exactly.

2. If i want to edit this data , i have to modify BOM how do i do it, because everywhere i found is to open that BOM and then edit that .

it will edit only open bom of level1 .

Little bit misguided  of missed something, dont know what to do with it.

Regards