5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2017 8:44 AM by Glenn Schroeder

Weldment profiles showed on old computer, but on a new computer they do not

Dominic Greco

I just started using SW 2016 and was having a good old time working with the Weldment environment. I loaded the ANSI Inch profiles on my C: drive and used the Al Tube (square) 1 SQ x .083 WALL Profile to construct my weldment.

Now here we are a week later and they gave me a new computer. Good news, right? Well no so much as it turns out. After SW was loaded and set up I brought up my frame model and tried to add some more of the same size AL tubes to it. I then realized I would have to go through the entire loading process again. So I went and made the same directory on my C Drive and loaded the profiles. I then added the directory to the Weldment Profile File Location dialog box. But when I go to add those members, they do not show up in the pull down menu. I even rebooted the computer to give it a chance to start over. Still nothing.

After some discussion with the other SW user in the office we figured it would be best if we copied those profiles to a network location so that we could avoid this problem in the future. I then changed the file location to that network drive. STILL nothing.

Can I get an assist here? I can't add anything to this frame until I get this figured out