AnsweredAssumed Answered

Installation on New Computer with Windows 10

Question asked by Richard Williams on Jul 15, 2017

I hope everyone else did not have the same problem as I had trying to install the newest CAM Beta.  I had nothing but trouble for the last 2 1/2 hours trying to get it to show up in my SW 2017.  I thought it had to be one of those Windows things and I am really use to Windows 7.  I guess I will get use to the newest SolidWorks, Windows 10 and this SolidWorks CAM all at the same time.  My son came home late from doing patient care at his hospital and stopped in the computer room to see what I was doing.  I told him that I am fighting an uphill battle trying to get the newest CAM installed.  He of course said let me see what you are trying to do.  It was up and running in less than five minutes after he put his hands on the keyboard and mouse.  Apparently, you have to run SolidWorks as the Administrator to install any new programs to it.  Of course I never knew that so I am mentioning it here.  Find the SolidWorks setup exe., file and right click on it and choose run as administrator.  A tough lesson to learn for 2 1/2 hours of frustration.  Hope it helps someone else out there.

Outcomes