17 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2017 5:14 PM by Matt Finley

Why does a drawing of an assy (that's been working fine for almost a week!) suddenly lose track of a component...?

Matt Finley

One of the label fixtures I've been working on broke. I've had a drawing of the assy and it's been opening with zero issues. Today when I started adding the component parts to the drawing (copying from the part drawing and pasting into the assy drawing) it started yelling at me about a component that's missing.

The "missing" component was modified to make it smaller (it's a base for a toggle clamp that was too high so I sliced a section out of it, separated it and joined it as an assy and put that into the rest of the model). Somehow Solidworks reverted back to old dependencies (ONLY FOR THE DRAWING, ASSY WORKS FINE!) from last week when the modified parts wasn't modified yet and now it's stuck on stupid.

In the assy, the Find References dialog shows it is pointing to the correct files (see below). So I bit the bullet and created a new drawing. When I closed the new drawing and re-opened it, it popped up the same damned message about missing components.

Seriously, it's been working great for a frickin' week, WTF now?