3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2017 1:09 PM by David Matula

WHY DOES A SUB ASSEMBLY NEED TO RELOAD?

David Matula

You open a large assembly and after all the time it takes to open....you dive into it some and find a sub assembly that you want to take a closer look at...so you open it from the tree it pops up and then you spin it around flip it over expand some of the mates and get and idea of how it went together.  Did I make any changes....no....do I want to accept any changes no.....so why when I go to close it and say no don't save any changes in the main assembly does it have to go and reload that whole sub assembly.....nothing changed.....another bunch of time waiting on the software to do its thing.....no don't save changes...no don't reload the parts....no don't update anything just take be back to the main assembly and let me close it to with no changes......just wanted to look around......why I asked it to load light weight...and readonly....Tell me that the later versions are not like this.....soon as we get some coding done for some of our custom programs for SolidWorks.....we get to upgrade to 2017.....the question is will it make life any better?