13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2017 7:56 AM by Ian Worrall

Easter Eggs

Todd Blacksher

Let’s face it, most of us frequent the forums because we are explorers looking to find/share knowledge about all things SOLIDWORKS.

For me, finding out about Easter Eggs is always one of my favorite “discoveries.”  (If you are not familiar with Easter Eggs, this will help you “appreciate” them) -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Easter_eggs_in_Microsoft_products

I would be interested in knowing if any of you have hidden Easter Eggs . . .

For example, when I was helping write the Standards Manual for a previous employer, the part quantity values in the Bill of Materials were superfluous, so they were changed to something a little more “fun” -

In one BOM example, reading the quantity values from top to bottom resulted in 3624368

(Most people won’t recognize this number, but it was the phone number from “Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap” by AC/DC.)

In another BOM example, the quantity values read 6198443

(Nobody will know this one, it was the number of my first patent.)

I have even hidden eggs in prototype products – I tweaked the engraving on this one as a nod to Spinal Tap –

Do you have something that you are able to share?

Has anyone found anything inside SOLIDWORKS?

This will always be my favorite, such a beautiful tribute to an amazing person -

todd