AnsweredAssumed Answered

Surface Filling Assistance

Question asked by Sean Lisgo on Jul 4, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 5, 2017 by Bjorn Hulman

Hi all! I'm doing some coursework and having a hard time filling in just one 'face' on a surfacing model. Apologies if it's blatantly obvious, I have little experience with Solidworks. Bear in mind that it does not have to be a functioning model and only has to look like the drawing on the outside.

I don't have the model on hand but have attached the sketch I am modelling to. I can get the model in about 12 hours if need be.

I started the model using surface extrude, then used surface trim to take off areas with detail. For the top grip I had no issue extruding another surface and filling the surface with it being against a flat. However for the bottom surface (circled) it is against the curve of the face and curve of the surface trim, and I'm having a hard time filling it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BONUS:

If anyone has a suggestion for how to do the white section just past the lens (starred*), please let me know. I haven't tried anything yet but was planning on extruding a surface -0.5mm / side thicker, dropping a couple of planes either side and creating a couple of faces. In the crudest possible way, obviously.

Thank you all beautiful people!

- Sean

Attachments

Outcomes