AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple configuration BOMs on one page

Question asked by Zeke Patterson on Jul 3, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 5, 2017 by Vladimir Urazhdin

I'd like to be able to create a few separate BOM tables on one drawing for a few different configurations of an assembly. The configurations of the main assembly only differ in a few component colors and the part numbers for those color changed components, so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have a separate drawing sheet for them.

So, I created one set of drawing views with the item number call outs I needed and made my BOM. I added a header with a few config specific properties and that's ready to rock and roll. The problem is then trying to create a BOM for the other two color configs. If I add another bom and change the configuration in the BOM it'll line up with the drawing views fine, but I can't get it to change the header. The header still matches the first configuration.

I could change the headers manually, but I'd really like to automate that since my assemblies already have all the necessary information built into them. Is there a way to get these headers to display the correct configuration details?

Outcomes