AnsweredAssumed Answered

SW tool box advanced user AI part generation.

Question asked by John Leigh on Jun 29, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 14, 2017 by John Leigh

Alright I know a lot of people get flak for trying to generate/use toolbox parts. Is there anyone who knows how to do advanced AI part development.  My company uses various seals and other miscellaneous hardware that are stock profiles but can have many varied stock lengths dimensions etc.  I am trying to see if there is a way to develop new AI parts where we can make input fields for a sequence of fixed dimensions in the standard properties section of a tool box part. We don't want it to be custom properties driven otherwise we would just use a ton of design table parts and that can get very messy fast with the limitations from using a single part file with 20, 30 or even hundreds of configurations.

For example I have a screen shot of the O-ring interface open from the tool box manager.

tool box reference.PNG

I want to generate a seal in a manner similar to this but it is not a circular cross section. Primarily I am trying to make it so I can go to, say in this case, the inside diameter tab and be able to add as we need a new bore size, relevant cross section dimensions, etc. I also would like to do this with backup rings and we have many other more complex parts that we can do this with.

Any help on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes