AnsweredAssumed Answered

Design Tables for Assemblies

Question asked by Jack Finnerty on Jan 6, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 6, 2009 by Jack Finnerty
Hi, I am looking in to using design tables to automate the creation of assembly models and subsequently assembly drawings.

My general scenario is that I need to create multiple variations of a product range quickly without starting a new assembly file each time and manually building the product up from our standard parts library.

Most of the variations can be accomplished by supressing/unsupressing parts or by using different configurations of our standard parts, so I intend to create a master assembly which can be copied and modified for each project by altering the design table.

My ultimate goal is to have one sheet on an excel file which is filled in by Customer Services/Sales which then fills in the design sheet to then be used to customise my assembly template.

I have found some basic info on using design tables for altering part dimenions and supressing/unsupressing features within SolidWorks help and online, but I cannot seem to find a simple tutorial demonstrating how to set up design tables for assemblies.

Could anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial or post an example which I could look at to get me started?

Thanks very much for any help you are able to offer,
Jack

Outcomes