5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2017 10:17 AM by William Judge

Installation Error

William Judge

Hello,

I'm trying to install the Student/Maker version and I get the following error:

image.png

The posts I've found related to this error all suggest installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012, which I have done, and even repaired existing installations with no luck. I'm open to suggestions. I have installation logs but no where to send them to.

Bill

• Re: Installation Error
          John Van Kesteren

Hi Bill,

I have seen this issue before and it was fixed by performing a system restore (failing that repairing your windows installation itself should also work as a more thorough fix). I would recommend you make a back up of your files and play around with your windows restore and repair options.

William Judge

I'll give that a try, Thanks, Bill

William Judge

OK, after trying this for a while it seems like the only option is format my hard drive and do a fresh install of windows... this isn't much of a solution.

John Van Kesteren

Ok, so i have found this on the SW customer portal

S-070630

The full article reads:

Q:      When installing the SOLIDWORKS® Student Edition 2015-2016 software, how do I troubleshoot the error 1722? TheInstallation log shows           ‘Product:SOLIDWORKS ErrorCode:1722 CA:Register_DocMgr.DLL.9FB07B3D ...’

A:     If you encounter the error 1722 when installing the SOLIDWORKS® Student Edition 2015-2016 software, follow these steps to repair the installation:

1.  Log on to Windows® using an account with administrator permissions.

2.  Stop the antivirus and firewall services.

3.  Go to ‘Control Panel’ > ‘Programs and Features’.

a.   Uninstall all instances of the SOLIDWORKS software that exist on the computer. Skip if there are no SOLIDWORKS installations.

4.  Open the Registry Editor utility.

a.  Click on ‘Start’ > type “Regedit.exe” (without the quotation marks) > press Enter.

5.  Rename or delete the following registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks

IMPORTANT: Do not change or delete any other registry key or folder. Doing so can result in serious problems with your computer and applications.

6.  Open Windows Explorer and delete:

a.  All of the SOLIDWORKS installation folders (C:\Program files\ SolidWorks Corp)

b.  All versions of the SOLIDWORKS ‘Data’ folder (C:\).

7.  Go to ‘Control Panel’ > ‘Programs and Features’ > and uninstall all versions of the ‘Microsoft .NET Framework’ software starting with the most recent version and working in reverse order to the oldest version.

8.  Go to ‘Control Panel’ > ‘Programs and Features’> click on 'Turn Windows features on or off'.

a.  Clear the check box for 'Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5.1' > ‘OK’

9.  Download the ‘.NET Framework Cleanup Utility (dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip) from

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/08/28/8904493.aspx.

a.  Unzip the file download, and then run the file ‘cleanup_tool.exe’

b.  In the ‘Setup Cleanup Utility’ dialog, for ‘Product to cleanup’ select ‘.NET Framework - All versions’  > click on 'Cleanup Now'.

10.  Go to ‘Control Panel’ > ‘Programs and Features’.

a.  Uninstall the 2005, 2008, and 2010 versions of the ‘Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable’ components.

b.  Uninstall the ‘Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Application’ software.

11.  Restart the computer.

12.  Log on to Windows using an account with administrator permissions.

13.  Stop the antivirus and firewall services.

14.  Go to ‘Control Panel’ > ‘Programs and Features’> click on 'Turn Windows features on or off'.

a.  Select the check box for 'Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5.1' > ‘OK’

15.  Run the ‘dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe’ file from DVD or the installation media under ‘downloads\prereqs\dotNetFx\’

16.  Reinstall the 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012 versions of the ‘Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable’ components from the following locations:

•  2005 version from DVD or from ‘downloads\prereqs\VCRedist\vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe ‘

•  2008 version from DVD or from ‘downloads\prereqs\VCRedist9\vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe’

•  2010 version from DVD or from ‘downloads\prereqs\VCRedist10\vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe’

•  2012 version from DVD or from ‘downloads\prereqs\VCRedist11\vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe’

17.  Reinstall the ‘Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Application’ software from DVD or from ‘downloads\prereqs\VSTA\vsta_aide.msi’

18.  Restart the computer.

19.  Log on to Windows using an account with administrator permissions.

20.  Stop the antivirus and firewall services.

21.  Reinstall the SOLIDWORKS software.

Is this anywhere close to what you are experiencing?

William Judge

Thanks for posting this. I tried... when I started reinstalling things the wheels came off, specifically step 14, .net 3.5 just won't install and all the MS fixes I can find fail as well.

I'm just going to bite the bullet and do a fresh install of windows.

Thanks again for trying.