AnsweredAssumed Answered

Drawing of a Lobed Mixer with SolidWorks

Question asked by Rayane Ait Oubahou on Jun 16, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 19, 2017 by Rayane Ait Oubahou

Hi everyone,

My name's Rayane, I'm new on this forum and I was hoping you could give me some advice. I have the dimensions for some lobed mixers, and I am trying to reproduce them on Solidworks. My idea was to draw the lobed mixer cross-sections shape on different planes (these cross-sections have different diameter as the lobed mixer is "diverging") and then use the lofted boss/base feature to  create the part. The problem is that the thickness of the lobed mixer is not homogeneous over the whole section, therefore the only other possible option is to create sections of different thickness using the lofted boss/base feature and then assemble them together. I am quite unsure about that. I have attached a picture of what I am currently doing on SolidWorks, just so you can understand better what I mean (this one has 20 lobes).

I have also included some pictures of one lobed mixer with 12 lobes (along with its dimensions) and I am trying to figure out how was it drawn on SolidWorks. Can anyone please tell me what steps I need to take to reproduce the same shape, giving dimensions?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Outcomes