I found the answer for your question in your notes. Due to changing configuration between various simulations the entity used for defining the starting point for the particle study might be missed in between and SW CAD cannot find the same entity ID to address it properly in other simulation. Having said that, you only need to modify the particle study that does not work fine and just select the starting point entity then run it. It should run and work with no further issue.
Hope it helps.
thanks for your answer. What you describe happened to me before: the face from which the particle should be injected was suppressed, so the particle injection could not work. In this case SW issues an error message.
The problem I am having now is different. The face chosen for the particle injection belongs to the lid to which the inlet bc are assigned to and exists in all configurations. So the particle injections are all well defined.
Having tried a few other things the solution to this problem is suprisingly simple (and confusing). Simply make a clone of this very configuration including the results. And - its a miracle - the particle injection now works perfectly. My simulation consists of 33 configurations with 5 particle studies defined for each of them. There were 11 configurations that were affected by this error. In these configurations not all particle studies would fail, just one or two. In total 17 particle studies refused to work because the starting points could not be created. All this 17 particle studies could be "healed" by simply cloning the configuration with activated "copy results" option.
Thank for sharing your findings. What you found as miracle, is what I also found as the last chance. It was helpful in some cases.
To what I found, a corruption may occur in your simulation and this can never been resolved unless you start a band new simulation having all BDc copied/cloned over.