11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2017 7:41 AM by Eugen Mosgowoi

Exporting feature tree part names with their configurations

Lucas Hart

I need to be able to export a list of parts for my manufacturer. I need the list to follow in order of my feature tree. I have several sub assemblies inside of the main assembly, I also need the part names out of the sub assemblies in order of the feature tree.

Assembly example:

Assembly 1<1>(Assembly 1 Config-A<...

Start<1>(Default<...

Part 1<1>( Config-A<...

Part 2<1>( Config-A<...

Part 3<3>(Config-A<...

Part 4<1>(Config-A<...

Part 4<2>(Config-A<...

Part 4<3>(Config-B<...

Assembly 2<1>(Assembly 2 Config-A<...

Part 4<1>(Config-A<...

Part 5<1>(Config-A<...

Part 6<2>(Config-A<...

Part 7<1>(Config-C<....

Part 7<14>(Config-A<...

Part 7<15>(Config-A<...

Part 7<16>(Config-B<...

Part 7<1>(Config-A<...

Part 3<2>(Config-A<...

Part 8<2>(Default<...

I can not use the BOM because my manufacturer needs to see the list of parts in the same order as they are assembled in the field. Unless there is a way to manipulate the BOM to show every part individually, in order of the feature tree. I don't believe this is possible. Also assemblies are not relevant, and would be great if they could be ignored and only list parts....either the parts in the master assembly or sub assemblies.

Another easy solution to this problem would be using the Assembly Visualization feature, but I need it to show the file names in the same order as the feature tree. I don't believe that this is possible either.

My next thought was to go through the feature tree and save each part with a numerical prefix such as "1-Start", "2-Part 1","3-Part 2" etc. , with this I could use either the BOM or the Assembly Visualization feature, but that is tedious and not a very good use of my time.

Could the renaming of the files be accomplished with a Macro of some sort?

Possibly built to search down feature tree one at a time. Starting at the top and then working down the list one at a time finding each part and applying a prefix, then moving onto the next.

I would really appreciate any other ideas as well, I am out of them at the moment.

Thanks in advance!