AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom Properties Tab in Task Pane

Question asked by Rio Benson on Jan 3, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 5, 2009 by Charles Culp
This one is primarily to SolidWorks.

What is the purpose of the Custom Properties Tab in the SW 2009 Task Pane? Why doesn't it work?

I suspect that it has something to do with Custom Properties, with which I am quite familiar; and I suspect it may have something to do with Configurations, with which I am also familiar. However, you sure couldn't prove it by clicking Task Pane > Custom Properties Tab > Property Tab Builder > ? [help?].
What's more, the Create New button seemingly takes you nowhere.

I've been in this business for a few years; over 45 to be exact. I've been using CAD for more than half of them, and SW for the last 10. I also come from a strong background in Defense work where the process of configurations was originally developed. But, for the life of me I can't figure out what you are attempting to say or do with this entire subject. The whole thing sets a new standard in cryptology!

This leads me to believe that this feature was not yet ready for "prime time". If that is the case, why is it there? Doesn't anyone review this stuff? If they do, I would sure like to apply for their job, because they're worthless.

Perhaps you can explain this new feature to us in layman's terms? If you need help with Configuration Nomenclature, I'll be happy to assist you in any way I can. Once we learn how to communicate with each other, together we might be able to turn this half-baked feature into something that actually works -- and that design professionals, like myself, can relate to and use!

Does that sound like a plan, or not?

Outcomes