5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2017 3:45 AM by Elmar Klammer

"Pack and Go" 2017 Always Includes Simulation Results?

John Willett

Somebody must have answered this question, but I can't find it:

Is there a way to exclude simulation results from a P&G in 2017?  (I have SW Premium 2017 SP3.0 running under Windows 7 SP1.)

I use P&G a lot in creating new versions of a model without disturbing the old.  In 2015, where I think the issue first appeared, there was a work-around -- something like checking the "Include simulation results" box and then unchecking all of the CWG files -- and something similar still worked in 2016, but I can't find any combination of checks (or unchecks) that works in 2017.  This means not only that P&G can take a long time but also that I have to both delete the unwanted files from the new director (or ZIP file) and go into each study/properties dialog and correct the "Results folder" -- a major pain!  Surely there is some way around this?  What am I missing? -- John Willett

• Re: "Pack and Go" 2017 Always Includes Simulation Results?
          John Willett

With the help of my VAR I found that there's an open SPR 1025721 on this issue:  "Pack and Go: Simulation result files saved in Pack and Go when not selected if more than one simulation study is included on SW the model."  I don't think I would have noticed that subtlety since nearly all of mine have multiple studies!  Maybe someday they'll fix it... -- John Willett

Dan Golthing

I've been having this problem for years!!  It's been reported multiple times.

FIX THIS ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anybody from solidworks ever come here???

Nandish Datti

Hi Guys,

Thank you for highlighting the issue. We have looked into your concern related to Pack and Go functionality. We would like to inform you that our development team will be evaluating this request for possible inclusion in a future release of the software.

Best Regards,

Nandish Datti

Product Definition, SOLIDWORKS

John Willett

>>Thank you for highlighting the issue. We have looked into your concern related to Pack and Go functionality. We would like to inform you that our development team will be evaluating this request for possible inclusion in a future release of the software.<<

Dear Nandish Datti and Any Other SW Techs that Might Visit this Forum --

I note that this problem still exists in SW 2017 SP4.0 and continues to cause a major glitch in my work flow (see my OP)!

Your response makes it sound as though this problem was just reported, but in fact it's been around in one form or another for at least three years.  It was really disheartening that this year you broke the reasonable work-around for 2015 and 2016 without fixing the underlying problem, thereby making a bad situation even worse.  PLEASE focus on this REALLY ANNOYING issue and FIX IT before we all retire! -- John Willett

Elmar Klammer

This is a great post. What Nandish as a SW representative says can be interpreted in what ever form you would like. It can mean that SW will do something about it. It can also mean they won't. It can be interpreted as a new or old problem. On top you can't really be too critical about it either. After all one can't deny that Nandish's respons is polite and respectful. My point is that tech support sounds just like that more and more. They speak nicely and make the impression that help is being offered. That's great. If it wasn't for the small minute little detail. The actual Help doesn't follow in a timely manner.

To sum it up. It's great to see people with good manners. Can't stress that enough. But we still need to act on our words.

I also understand that you need to expect flaws. SW is a great and highly technical product. The people who manage to put together something like this should be praised for there dedication & intelligence more often. I just asked to get rid of the lip service. Be polite & respectful but also learn to stand up not only for your successes but also your failures.

Elmar