When exporting a STEP file from SolidWorks names are included with the following geometry types:
- solid body (name editable via "body properties")
- face (name editable via "face properties")
- edge (name editable via "edge properties")
The following geometry types are not given names in the export:
- surface bodies (name editable via "body properties" but ignored in export)
- vertices (no "vertex properties" to edit name)
I have an application where I need surface body names included in the STEP file. Is there a reason why surface body names are not included? Is there a way to enable this functionality?
Vertex names would also be nice.
I am using SW2016.