2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2017 11:43 AM by Trayer Wiley

How to export multiple files from EPDM at once?

Trayer Wiley

Hello,

I have a list of 300 files that I want to copy and save to an external location.  Since we have many files in the vault, it would be cumbersome to try to view all files, ctrl+click each one, right-click, and save all to another location.  Even going one-by-one would not be desired.

Is there a way to automate this process by using the list (CSV) of file names so that EPDM can save/export these files all at once?

EPDM Version 15.4

(Upgrading to 2017 soon)

• Re: How to export multiple files from EPDM at once?
          Lee CS Young

Use the search tool. If you have your list in Excel, you can transpose columns to rows, copy and paste to the search tool, and then copy and paste the resulting file list from there.

• Re: How to export multiple files from EPDM at once?
              Trayer Wiley

Thanks, Lee, for your reply.  That makes sense that I should be able to search for multiple items at once in the Search Tool.

Whenever I copy and paste a row of drawing numbers from Excel to the Search Tool, it inserts the values as Tab-separated.  When I try to search, I don't get any results (I do get results for each of the numbers individually).  Is the search tool meant to use Tab-separated values, or perhaps comma separated?  Or semi-colon? 

I've tried each way, with and without spaces, but I'm not getting any results even for just two drawing numbers as a test.

Ah ... I just tried a different search field (Filename, rather than Number) with only a space in-between the numbers, and it worked.  I'll keep what's above as reference for what I tried.

Thanks for your help!