1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 29, 2018 7:05 AM by Steve Cukrowicz

PDM Standard Search "Display checked out files"

William Radigan

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature...

When I do a Vault search in PDM Standard using the "Checked in/out" tab I don't get the behavior that I was expecting.  If only "Display non-checked out files" is selected (first screenshot), then I get all of the files that a particular user has checked in or out of the vault, but that are not currently checked out.  If both "Display Checked out files" and "Display non-checked out files" are selected, then I only see the files that the user currently has checked out.

I was expecting that if I selected both boxes, the search would return all files.  And that if I un-selected one of the boxes that I could filter for one condition or the other.  It seems like the "Display checked out files" overrides the other search condition.  If I'm thinking about this wrong, please help me understand what the search is actually doing.  What I'm looking for is all of the files that have been checked out by a given user, but that are (or are not) currently checked out.

• Re: PDM Standard Search "Display checked out files"
          Steve Cukrowicz

A few months late, but it's doing what it's being told to do.  Checked Out By User returns documents that are currently checked out by the specified user, and turning off the flag to show checked out files disables any filters related to checked out files.  To find files that have previously checked out by a specific user, use the Version Created By User variable.  This will return all files where the specified user was the most recent person to check in that file.  If you want to dig a bit deeper and get all the files that they've ever worked on you'll want to also use Search Previous Versions.