1 Reply Latest reply on May 29, 2017 5:17 AM by Jana Fischer

disable animations in weldment profile replacement

Jana Fischer

I created a macro (attached) that replaces a weldment profile of a structural member in a part document (attached).

(The macro has two lines starting with "featData.WeldmentProfilePath =". If you want to switch between them, you need to comment in and out the two lines alternately. You also might need to adjust the paths depending on your installation folder of SolidWorks.)

When a replacement takes place, there are several things to be seen successively:

- the structural member becomes invisible, a plane becomes visible

- the profile sketch becomes visible, the plane becomes invisible

- the old structural member is seen for a short while

- the new structural member becomes visible

I would like to know if it is possible to disable these animations, so that the only things to be seen are the old structural member and then, after some time, the new structural member.

Reason: I believe disabling the animations could make the operation faster.

I know that there are many options to manipulate (in)visibility of certain actions. For example, if I want to open a file via API in SolidWorks, I can make it unnoticeable to the user (with settings described here: https://forum.solidworks.com/message/731639 ).

So I thought there might be settings for this case as well, but I don't know where to look!

Any hints?