AnsweredAssumed Answered

Property Tab for Weldments Opens When Part is Sheet Metal

Question asked by Daen Hendrickson on May 24, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 2, 2017 by Dan Frey

I am using SW2014 SP5.

I use the property tab for initially filling in custom properties. I have templates for parts, assemblies, drawings - and added one for weldments a few months ago when it was brought to my attention that the property tab can fill cut list properties in weldments.

I assumed that the presence of a "weldment" feature in the feature tree in combination with having the cut list selected would trigger the weldment property tab template being loaded. In SW2014 that is not the case. If a part has a cut list, the weldment property tab is loaded. And those properties are added to the custom properties list, NOT the cut list properties.

Additionally, sheet metal parts contain a cut list. I do NOT want the weldment property tab template to load for sheet metal parts.

Does any one see this behavior? Is there a simpler way to switch to the part property tab template than the following:

• Click the "click for template options" button at the bottom of the property tab window.
  • Click the drop down list in the Template Options pop up and select NONE (your only choice is weldment template or NONE)
  • Click OK
  • Click the drop down list at the top of the now blank property tab window.
  • Select the Part template from the list.
  • Now edit the custom properties that should have been loaded in the first place.

This is tedious and an unwanted behavior. I am about to remove the property tab weldment template because its presence is causing way more unintended behavior and work around than any time savings or efficiency gains it was meant to provide.

Thanks,

Daen

Outcomes