3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2017 8:55 AM by John Stoltzfus

Configurations of Design Tables

Tim Fromme

So, I have one assembly that I am using to create cavities on a central part with a pattern of multiple copies of another part.  However, the parts I am using to create the cavities are not all the same, and I have a design table to set up the different configurations of the part.  I am trying to set up different configurations of the base part, but that would mean that every configuration in the assembly would have to be associated with a different design table of the secondary part.  Is there a better way to do this than saving all the different design table configurations in Excel and copy/pasting when I need to change configurations?

Thanks,

Tim

• Re: Configurations of Design Tables
          John Stoltzfus

Configurations in parts are easy using a Design Table, however configurations in assemblies become a lot more challenging and the way I handle that is to create a Base model using Top Down design and after all the design is complete and the parts are detailed in the drawing, I use Pack & Go for the other versions, much easier to control and quicker imho....

• Re: Configurations of Design Tables
            Tim Fromme

It is in an assembly file, but it's not really an assembly.  I have part A and many part B's.  All of the part B's are used to create a cavity in part A.  Then I use part A in the real assembly.  Part B has the design table because there are many copies in the assembly, and the values in that design table would represent a configuration of part A in my mind.