3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2008 5:14 PM by Daniel Eelman

stretch should override dims.

Bruce Cox
      when i heard SW had a stretch command i assumed it would stretch dimensions too. it doesn't... am i missing something?

Toggle on Tools>Sketch Settings> override dims on drag/move... stretch works like it should. but who wants to draw with that setting on. stretch should turn on override and then restore override.
        • stretch should override dims.
          Daniel Eelman
          I just fired up 2009 to check this out, and mine seems to work just as you are proposing. I can fully define a sketch, use Stretch, and the dimensions update to the new values. Override dimensions setting is off the whole time. I think that is what you mean?
              Bruce Cox
              Well, perhaps the first sketch I stretched is a bug. This was a complex sketch but I simplified it for the vid. The 1.000 dim does not stretch. I opened a new drawing and reproduced the sketch and it also failed to stretch the 1.000 dim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aGbfFXqs3o

I'd post a pic but I no can do on the SW forum.
              You see I turned on "override" and it worked.
              Why doesn't override have a button so it can be toggled from a toolbar?

Stretch is good. This started as a somewhat complex master sketch in a multi-body part and the way it worked out, changing overalls messed up the internal sketches. Stretch does the job perfect... except in this case I had to toggle Override to make sketch work.
                  Daniel Eelman
                  Now I see what you mean. I recreated your sketch and see the same issue. It is so insistent on keeping that 1" dimension that stretching in the Y direction just blows away the coincident relations at the ends of the diagonal lines and leaves it as a disconnected line segment. Definitely seems like strange and undesireable behavior for the Stretch command.