AnsweredAssumed Answered

Modify macro to insert part (with selection)

Question asked by Mark Bradford on May 13, 2017
Latest reply on May 15, 2017 by Deepak Gupta

Good afternoon,

I have recorded a macro that uses the "insert part" command and functions correctly for a particular part file.   I would to modify the macro so that it can work with any "active part" rather than a file with a particular part name.   I would also like the macro to ensure certain settings are applied (see attached image) when inserting the part file, and also save the iges file to the same path as the active file that the macro was started with.   Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks so much for any help you can offer.    I really appreciate it.

Mark

Image 001.jpg

' ******************************************************************************
' C:\Users\mbradford\AppData\Local\Temp\swx1512\Macro1.swb - macro recorded on 05/03/17 by mbradford
' ******************************************************************************
Dim swApp As Object
Dim Part As Object
Dim boolstatus As Boolean
Dim longstatus As Long, longwarnings As Long
Sub main()
Set swApp = Application.SldWorks
Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc
Dim myModelView As Object
Set myModelView = Part.ActiveView
myModelView.FrameState = swWindowState_e.swWindowMaximized
' New Document
Dim swSheetWidth As Double
swSheetWidth = 0
Dim swSheetHeight As Double
swSheetHeight = 0
Set Part = swApp.NewDocument("\\DELLSERVER\Departments\DESIGN LIBRARY\PFG part templates\TEMPLATES\Part-PFG.prtdot", 0, swSheetWidth, swSheetHeight)
Dim swPart As PartDoc
Set swPart = Part
swApp.ActivateDoc2 "Part3", False, longstatus
Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc
Dim myFeature As Object
Set myFeature = Part.InsertPart2("C:\Users\mbradford\Desktop\5280A\Model\5280A - Base # 1 LH.sldprt", 34001)
' Save As
longstatus = Part.SaveAs3("C:\Users\mbradford\Desktop\5280A - Base # 1 LH.IGS", 0, 0)
End Sub

Outcomes