17 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2012 8:40 PM by Kelvin Lamport

Hatching/Dowel Symbols

Sean Leskovic
      Is there a way to hatch 1 /4 of a hole without sketching?
      This is something I do often and it becomes very time consuming.
      Could SW put options in the "dowel symbol" feature that will
      allow for this? Please contact SW with this request if anyone else agrees.
      Thanks all.
        • Hatching/Dowel Symbols
          Eddie Cyganik

Sean,

This has been discussed before and yes I did submit a request as I believe others did:
            • Hatching/Dowel Symbols
              I have these saved as lib featues.
                • Hatching/Dowel Symbols
                  Eddie Cyganik

Mike,

What do you have saved as lib features? Can you explain?
                  Do they udpate automatically like a Dowel Pin Symbol?

Would you please post an example?

• Hatching/Dowel Symbols
                      Alan Stoldt
                      Eddie,

You are correct, the quick, down & dirty dowel symbol does not have the capability.

What he actually asked is:

Perhaps he wanted to hatch 1/4 of a circle twice, perhaps not.

Either way, now he has several responses to read, as do others who may subsequently do a Search on Dowel Symbols.

He may have been looking for the functionality you suggest or not.

Now, if someone else isn't supposed to provide an alternative answer after you've posted, please state so in your post.

Something along the lines of "I've already answered this and there is no other possible answer." would suffice.
                        • Hatching/Dowel Symbols
                          Eddie Cyganik

Alan Stoldt wrote:

Eddie,

You are correct, the quick, down & dirty dowel symbol does not have the capability.

We all argee on that, as this is what Sean asked and I posted a similar request per the chart.

What he actually asked is:

Perhaps he wanted to hatch 1/4 of a circle twice, perhaps not.

Perhaps, but I don't think so because he knows about the Dowel Pin Symbol.

Either way, now he has several responses to read, as do others who may subsequently do a Search on Dowel Symbols.

He may have been looking for the functionality you suggest or not.

Now, if someone else isn't supposed to provide an alternative answer after you've posted, please state so in your post.

Your suggestion was to use the Dowel Pin Symbol, which Sean is already aware of and all I said was that it is not capable. That's all.

Something along the lines of "I've already answered this and there is no other possible answer." would suffice.

In closing, I agreed with Sean, additional capabilities for the Dowel Pin Symbol would do the trick. I really didn't add anything, I just agreed that more is required.

For the record, you offered nothing he wasn't aware of and I clarified that.

Sorry if you have soft skin.

Toughen up buttercup.

Love ya man!
                  • Hatching/Dowel Symbols
                    Alan Stoldt
                    Quick, down and dirt. Generic Dowel Hole Symbol:

• Re: Hatching/Dowel Symbols
                      Kevin De Smet

Newb question: what do you use the single quarter filled hole symbol for?

I also notice there's a three quarters fill hole symbol too.