2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2017 5:29 AM by Andre Schalkwijk

dynamic interference test

Andre Schalkwijk

Hi, I have made a motion study (animation) of my assembly. It involves at least 10 moving parts.

I would like to check geometry interferences during motion. Is there a way to do this?

So, more clearly: there are multiple configurations of my assembly in which I can do a 'static' interference detection.

I would like to see the interference detection dynamically as the assembly moves from one configuration to the other.

Rgds,

Andre

• Re: dynamic interference test
          Thomas Voetmann

If you select "Move", you have two options you might use: Colision Detection and Physical Dynamics. They only work when there are no interference in the initial state so maybe you can not use them. Also I will strongly recommend to select and check only the components that are likely to collide - otherwise the movement will be erratic and possibly incorrect.

• Re: dynamic interference test
              Andre Schalkwijk

Thank you Thomas, I know the move options you suggest. Unfortunately the movements are a bit complex to move 'manually'. And some items are meant to 'interfere' (a flexing part).

I would like to just see the interfering geometry dynamically (any position). I have seen this in Spaceclaim. Maybe it is just not a possibility in Solid Works?

Rgds,