For eternal glory and 1000 points, provide the best solution to this problem:
1. Import the attached Parasolid file.
2. Calculate its unbent length
3. Unbend the body, or create an unbent body.
4. Make the length of the unbend body parametrically linked to the length of the bent body.
1. The neutral fibre goes through the center of the profile.
2. You can have an approximation of 0.001mm between the lengths of the bent and unbent bodies.
3. You will get extra consideration if you will not use equations.
4. You will get extra consideration if you will not use FeatureWorks.
Please watch this video (also attached) for a visual explanation of the challenge.
Disclaimer: I would use my judgment to pick "the best" solution. It will be probably subjective, so you should provide as many details as possible about the advantages of your solution.
Make your case.
We will accept entries until Friday, May 12th 2017, at noon.