AnsweredAssumed Answered

Licensing

Question asked by Roland Knapton on May 6, 2017
Latest reply on May 7, 2017 by Christian Chu

I am a one man show - when at home I use my workstation with 4 monitors but when I travel and meet with associates and potential customers, I carry my laptop.  I use Solidworks 2014 Professional - recently I could not log on with a new laptop where I had installed the program a few weeks before.  I called the re-seller and Solidworks no longer allows the program to operate on two systems which was the deal when I bought it.  That was one of the reasons I purchased Solidworks as I liked the convenience of using either one without having to transfer licenses every time I switch systems.  If I forget to deactivate and have driven several hundred miles for an evening meeting, I am up a creek without being able to function and the re-seller is closed after 5PM.  This stinks as Solidworks sold me one thing and then changed the game after the fact. Had it been that way in 2013 I would not have bough Solidworks.  I am no Pro - I only use the program 5 to 10 hours a month at most.   Plus Solidworks will not sell to individuals which forced me to set up another company in order to buy it.  What BS - they really limit themselves from the one man shows who invent things and don't necessarily do it with a company.

Outcomes