While working to deal with the fallout from this post, a new problem has reared its ugly head. Long ago, I blockified areas of our drawing title block so that I could easily change out things like company logo, and ensure consistency across the various drawing sizes. I've made a brand spanking new drawing template using the process described in the aforementioned thread and I was going to simply drop my existing blocks into it and I would be all set. However, when I insert the blocks, all the static text is missing.
Instead of this:
I get this:
Note: the file names are A DRAWING and A DRAWING-2017. The text in the second image has wrapped.
Anything linked to a property shows up, but nothing else. If I edit or explode the block, the static text appears.
However now *all* text is unselectable: static and linked. Window selection only grabs the lines.
After a lot of WTFs and a lunch break, I've discovered that you cannot work with blocks in the .drwdot file directly. You have to make a new drawing, get it all looking like you want, and then save it as a .drwdot file. This is new behavior in 2017. I can perform the same test in my 2016 .drwdot files and everything works as expected.
I remember having issues with blocks in the title block years ago and I totally stopped using them, however upgrading to 2017 from 2016 the font went nuts, out of line and some had the wrong font size, it looked like SW picked a substitute..
Thanks for sharing your experiences, it'll help the next guy down the line..