AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple cables to a single 3D part

Question asked by Jeremy Breetzke on May 1, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 28, 2017 by Marc Wilson

Hi All,

We recently migrated to SWE from AutoCAD Electrical. So we are still trying to learn it. One of the features we were hoping to utilize in SWE is the 3D layout of wires and cables. I am trying to figure out how to route multiple cables into the same component. We have some field IO modules on our unit. We are running standard premolded cables from them to sensors. We also have standard premolded cables running to them for power and Ethernet.

The first issue I ran into is that I cannot define more than one cable when creating a 3D electrical part. (See below)

The next issue is that I don't know how to assign cables to a module in the 2D part of SWE, so using the line diagram and attaching multiple cables does not work.

I was thinking of having single connection points to the modules at each cable connection point, then drawing wires in the electrical schematics to fake out the system, but then I cannot put Manufacturer Part numbers as part of the wire so they won't show up on the BOM. Below is an image of the Field IO modules I am talking about to give you an idea of what I am trying to draw.

I am trying to set something up to depict the image below...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Outcomes